The site of the current Monastery and The College of St. Scholastica was an 80-acre tract of farmland when the sisters purchased it in 1900. It became fondly known as the “Daisy Farm,” according to Sister Agnes Somers’ book All Her Ways.
However, as one walks the area behind the Monastery, one only sees lush lupines at this time of the year. There is even a lupine bouquet next to our Chapel altar. Daisies seem to have taken a back seat on this land.
However, do not fear,
there are some daisies and more will be coming!
All wildflowers bless the Lord!
All creation give praise and thanks to God!