The Benedictine Sisters of Duluth, Minnesota are a community who live and pray in St. Scholastica Monastery overlooking beautiful Lake Superior. They follow the Rule of St. Benedict, based on Gospel values, and are called to creatively and collaboratively respond to the needs of the Church and the world today. At this time, they desire to expand their ministry of spirituality and enrichment which currently exists at McCabe Renewal Center and at St. Scholastica Monastery.
The full-time Director of the Benedictine Center for Spirituality and Enrichment is responsible for the administration of, including but not limited to, program development, assessment and evaluation, financial management, marketing, and communication for the Benedictine Center for Spirituality and Enrichment.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to mission and values of the Benedictine Sisters.
- Plan and create program descriptions of retreats, workshops and other services provided by the Center in coordination with others.
- Contribute to Center programs and services by at times leading workshops or other enrichment experiences appropriate to professional background and training.
- Bring strategic and innovative thinking to move the Center forward.
- Exhibit a collaborative leadership style with the ability to maintain good relationships.
- Initiate/build relationships with organizations potentially using services provided by the Center
- Direct the activities of the Center, including volunteers, in coordination with the Monastery volunteer coordinators.
- Ensure hospitality and welcoming environment for all persons utilizing the Center.
- Provide ongoing evaluation and assess participant satisfaction of Center services.
- Develop and expand marketing and advertising of the Center through a variety of media.
- Develop and manage annual budget and provide financial reports on the work of the Center in cooperation with the Monastery Business Office.
- Oversee maintenance and upkeep of the Center space in conjunction with environmental and facilities personnel.
- Collaborate with the Development Office in annual fundraising.
- College degree with preference for a Master’s degree or advanced training in theology or spirituality, marketing, communication, or business.
- Appreciation of Catholicism, Ecumenism, and diverse spiritual and cultural traditions.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the Benedictine Sisters of St. Scholastica Monastery.
- Administrative, organizational and management skills.
- Collaborative skills and ability to develop, enhance, and maintain good working relationships.
- Fluent in technology and social media.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes some evenings and weekends.
Additional Information and Application Instructions
- Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience.
- The Monastery is an equal opportunity employer.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Please send cover letter, resume, and two letters to Sr. Jeanne Ann Weber, OSB, 1001 Kenwood Ave., Duluth, MN 55811 or by email to to [email protected]